I create custom acrylic landscapes, seascapes, still-life or portrait paintings from photos. I just love being able to pick up a paint brush to capture a special scene or the likeness and personality of an individual! It makes my heart happy! There is nothing more satisfying to me than providing a memorable piece of art for someone and seeing that smile that says I did it!
- Commissioned pieces, depending on the complexity and number of pieces I am working on, can take roughly 3-5 months for completion. I work a full time job so I paint part-time in the evening and on weekends. Because of time constraints I only accept a few commission pieces each year.
If you are curious about commissioning an art piece here is where you begin.
- The first step is to email email@example.com to confirm that I am currently accepting commissions. Please include your telephone number.
- When I receive your email request, I’ll contact you to schedule a meeting (if local) or phone call. Feel free to ask all the questions you feel you need answers to! We’ll discuss the type of commission you would like, the painting surface, size, the creation process and timeline as well as the cost and initial deposit.
- Be aware that you will need to decide on a photo that meets my requirements. The subject usually has meaning to you, would make a great personal gift for a loved one or enhance your living space.
- Please read this blog post to help guide your choices. https://margielewisart.ca/how-important-is-your-reference-photo-for-portrait-commissions/
- Once I know more about your needs I’ll be able to confirm specifics and email you with pricing, dates and other details which will stand as our official contract.
I will work diligently to listen to your comments and feedback and do my best to create artwork that more than meets your expectations. I will send an initial sketch and an update mid-way to give you ample opportunity to approve or request minor edits. When the final painting is done you will have one last opportunity to request minor edits. Any extensive edits (as judged extensive by the artist) are subject to a 15% additional fee.
- There are no returns or refunds on commissioned artwork.
Payment and Shipping
I require a non-refundable pre-payment of a minimum of 50% of the price of the painting however full payment is preferred. I will consider a payment schedule. I require a deposit as commission work is generally of a personal nature and therefore it is not likely that I would be able to recuperate my loss of time or money through a resale. No work will start on the commission until this pre-payment is received. I prefer e-transfer of all payments to firstname.lastname@example.org but you can request an invoice and pay through PayPal. Once payment are received, the creation of your painting will begin.
The cost of shipping is the responsibility of the buyer and paid separately. You will be notified of the cost of shipping upon completion of the painting and when it is ready to ship. Once the remaining balance is paid as well as the shipping cost the work will be shipped.
Commissioned Price Guide
For current prices click here -> Margie Lewis Art Price Guide
- Framing and matting is not included but arrangements can be made if requested
To visualize art size in your space see the following photo guides for either Landscape orientation or Portrait Orientation.