Artist exposure is a key to whether they are successful. While you still have to do art shows and be present at other types of venues to meet directly with the public, today, you really need to have an online presence and to establish a brand!
Joining social media networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is a great way to share and promote your work. It gives others the ability to share your work too and having more exposure generally leads to more sales, which is great for business!
Social media really is the hottest thing since sliced bread for artists but if you want to be noticed and exposed to all possible audiences, having a home on the worldwide web is still one of the most important ways to establish an online presence. I wanted to be able to reach a wider audience than just those on my social media. Not everyone who might be interested in my art has Facebook or Twitter etc. so having my own domain name and website is very important. It also will help me be found easier through internet search engines. As well, having a website allows me to connect with people, to establish my brand and gives me a storefront so I can sell directly to the public online.
I am well on my way to establishing my online presence and brand with the help of Brad Crann and Rogue Freelance. In my blog today, I thought it would be interesting to learn more about establishing a Brand from a local designer, so today in my blog I feature Rogue Freelance.
Thanks, Margie. Hello everyone. As Margie mentioned, this is Brad from Rogue Freelance. I’d just like to expand upon Margie’s comments and emphasize the importance of having your own website for your business or organization. Utilizing social media can be of great value, but social media alone is not enough to have a robust online presence. Here’s why:
- Ownership – You have little or no control over how your content is displayed, delivered, or accessed on social media networks.
- Reliability – Policy changes on social media are frequent and can be disruptive.
- Organization – If you have a variety of services, products, or advice to offer, you have limited ways to organize such content, often rendering it unseen, buried in timelines.
- Legitimacy – Anyone can create a social media account. Having a professionally designed website shows that you are invested in your endeavors, and as such, establishes legitimacy with your audience.
- Online Sales – Social media offers rudimentary shopping features, if any at all. Websites offer unlimited functionality.
- SEO – “Search Engine Optimization” is crucial to being found by search engines online. Social media networks offer little or no SEO value. Websites can be tuned to dominate search listings.
- Competition – On social media you are competing with the world for attention; ads, news, friends, family, movies, show, music, games, etc. Websites allow your audience to focus on you, for longer.
If you are interested in enhancing your online presence with a professionally designed website, please contact me. I work with businesses and organizations large and small, on budgets large and small. Thanks for listening. ~ Brad